- The masterworks of thirteen legendary independent watchmakers collected in a highly illustrated volume
- Contains detailed sketches and images of the watches, and accompanying specs
- Photographs of the masters at work and descriptions of their creative process
- Biographies produced in collaboration with the watchmakers themselves
- This volume accompanies a traveling exhibition dedicated to the art of handcrafted watchmaking
“True novelties and trends in watchmaking come from the watchmaking artisans. It’s time to honour them as they should be honoured.” – Denis Flageollet
Watchmakers: The Masters of Art Horology gathers the work of the most celebrated independent watchmakers in the world. Thirteen artisans, each a legend in the realm of haute horlogerie, tell their stories, describing the traditional working methods and prized watches upon which their reputations have been built.
Photographs of the masters in their workshops bring their stories to life, along with detailed sketches and images of their watches in all their brilliant intricacy. Watchmakers also features insightful text from other leading figures of the independent watchmaking world, including Aurel Bacs of the Fondation Haute Horlogerie and Nicholas Foulkes, writer for Vanity Fair, The Telegraph and GQ, and author of the only authorized biography of Patek Philippe.
Watchmakers: Hajime Asaoka, Ludovic Ballouard, Christophe Claret, George Daniels, Denis Flageollet (De Bethune), Philippe Dufour, Laurent Ferrier, Romain Gauthier, Vianney Halter, Christian Klings, Jean Daniel Nicolas (Daniel Roth), Roger Smith, Kari Voutilainen